- CORRUGATED CARDBOARD & PAPERBOARD Boxes should be broken down and flattened.
- NEWSPAPERSMust be dry.
- MIXED PAPEROffice, computer paper, junk mail. Keep dry.
- MAGAZINESMaterials including magazines and unwanted Phone books. Must be kept dry.
- Clean, dry plastic grocery bags. Also shrink wrap, dry cleaner bags, drink carton wraps.
PLASTICS #1 —#7
- PLASTIC CONTAINERS #1 - #7
Soft drink, soda bottles, milk & juice jugs,
detergent & bleach containers. Household
containers only. Please rinse.
- GLASS BOTTLES All glass food and beverage bottles: clear, green, brown. Please rinse.
ACCEPTED PROBLEM WASTES
- COMPUTERS & MONITORS
TELEVISIONS, STEREOS, DVD PLAYERS, PHONES, VCRS, PRINTERS, SCANNERS.
Electronic devices with a screen:$15 per unit.
- Disposal of Fluorescent Bulbs is free for residents. The fee for all businesses and organizations is $1 per bulb.
- CAR BATTERIES Must not be cracked and must have caps on cells.
- RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES Rechargeable batteries are accepted. Please no alkaline batteries.
METALS & ALUMINUM
- ALUMINUM Soft drink and beer cans. Please rinse and separate from metal cans.
- STEEL/TIN Food, soup, vegetables, etc. Please wash.
- SCRAP METAL Remove gas tanks, fuels, batteries from appliances. No wire fencing.
- ACCEPTABLE ITEMS INCLUDE: Refrigerators, air conditioners, freezers, dehumidifiers, $15 per unit.
OIL, FILTERS, ANTIFREEZE
- Limit: 5 gallons of motor oil.
- AUTO/PICK UP (limit 10) $2 off rim, $3 on rim
- LARGE TRACTOR TIRE (limit 4) $20 off rim, $25 on rim
- SEMI TRUCK TIRES (limit 4) $6 off rim, $10 on rim
- SUPER SINGLE: $10
- BOBCAT/LIFT/SKID STEER: $3
- ATV: $1
Pharmaceutical Waste Disposal
Residents may dispose of medical waste, such as syringes and unused medicines, at the Ripley County Health Department during normal business hours. Controlled substances (narcotics) can be dropped off at the Ripley County Sheriff's Department and the Batesville Police Department 24/7 at no charge.
Rules for Recycling
- No commercial materials accepted.
- Do not leave items after facility has closed.
- Please find an attendant if you have tires, appliances, televisions, or need assistance.
- Please remove all lids from containers and rinse thoroughly.
- No latex-based paints accepted.
- No propane or fuel tanks accepted.
- Please call ahead with any questions about items not listed.
SEIRD Ripley County Reuse Center
Located at the Ripley County Recycling Center,
2710 N. Hasmer Hill Rd., Osgood
Hours: Tues. and Thurs. Noon-6:00pm and Sat. 8:00am-Noon
- All Items are FREE!
- Smoke-Free Facility
- No Food or Drink
- Children must be attended at all times
Please help us by following these simples rules:
- Leave reusable items only. No trash, broken, stained, dirty, or ripped items.
- Shopping is limited to one time per week.
- Limit shopping time to 20 minutes - No loitering.
- Items taken are not to be sold. No items are to be put in yard sales, consignment shops, or Ebay as examples.
- Limit of 4 items per person, except clothing.
- Limit of 5 books.
- Please show attendant items that you intend to leave on site.
- The attendant has the right to distribute items at his/her discretion.
- Please help keep clothing neatly folded or hung.
- This facility is provided for the citizens of Ripley County to share/swap/exchange items that are in good condition/working order.
- Working Household appliances
- Lawnmowers and other yard equipment
- Electric and hand tools
- Clean Clothing
- Exercise equipment
- Good paint and painting products in original containers
- Other useful and reusable items
- Please respect the generosity of others
- Take only what you need
Do Not Bring
- Broken/intermittent or non-working equipment
- Items covered with dirt or bird droppings
- Dirty or ripped clothing
- Underwear or hats
- Upholstered furniture
- Mattresses or bedding
- Old paints that have been frozen, dried, thinned or contaminated
- Books with mold/mildew, missing covers and/or pages
- Items that are potentially hazardous because of flaws or faults
For information about volunteering, please call SEIRD at 812.574.4080.